Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Mid-Level Structural Design Engineer for our Construction Engineering Services (CES) in the KIE Englewood, Colorado office. Looking for the ideal candidate to have the ability to grow within the CES Engineering team with scheduling out tasks, structural calculations, quantities calculations, cost estimates, and risk mitigation. The Structural Design Engineer should have at least 5 years’ experience in engineering plan production, be technically advanced and familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and Structural codes.
Our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group provides value to the success of our clients’ projects by designing and building temporary works. Additionally, CES provides on-site engineering and coordination support for critical projects to help build Kiewit projects safety, on-time, and within budget.
The engineering design tasks our Construction Engineering Services group performs to help Kiewit build projects include: Access for personnel and equipment, cofferdams, crane barges, critical crane lifts, custom equipment, fabrics structures, fall protection systems, falsework/formwork, hoisting and jacking systems, staged construction analysis, rebar cages support, temporary bridges, trestles, work platforms, gangways, tower cranes, and custom tools.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design of temporary structures including: falsework, support of excavation systems, temporary bridges, trestles, and other features relating to our construction operations
• Perform calculations and structural designs
• Ensure accuracy of the design drawings
• Produce quantities and cost estimates
• Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to codes, design criteria, and structural theories
• Capable of transferring structural design and ideas to contract drawings
• Help identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning
• Other responsibilities could include: heavy lift planning, evaluation of existing structures for construction loads, erection procedures or planned sequences related to our construction operations
• Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering
• Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
• 5 - 10 years of relevant engineering experience
• Professional Engineer licensure or eligibility within the United States
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering
• Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, BlueBeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
• Experience with working in a team setting
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
Mid-level industry position
160 Inverness Dr W #110, Englewood, CO 80112
Englewood , United States