Mid-level industry position
- Act as the main technical resource to senior design projects (3rd and 4th year), other technicians and students
- Provide advice, expertise and support in the design, setup and supervision for experimental labs and prototype testing associated with student design projects, and in the areas of machine and system performance measurement, experimental sensors, data acquisition and analysis and associated software
- Coordinate equipment purchase, maintenance; and inventory
- Work with research personnel and clients on industry-related projects
- Perform instrumentation installation and data collection for industry-related research projects
- Design and edit 3D models for use in additive manufacturing (e.g. 3D printing)
- Assist in the procurement of materials and supplies
- Adhere to a safe work environment
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent in a relevant field
- Must be eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Prince Edward Island
- Minimum 5 (Five) years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial equipment and operations related to one or more of these areas: bioresources, sustainable energy, advanced manufacturing, robotics and industrial automation, and intelligent sensors and systems in an industrial research and development environment
- Excellent with instrumentation and controls
- Experience in a laboratory and shop environment
- Demonstrated creative, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate projects and function professionally in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent computer skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
UPEI encourages all qualified applicants to apply for job openings; however, in keeping with the terms and provisions of the university’s various employment and collective agreements, first priority will be given to internal candidates.
550 University Ave, Charlottetown 1-800-606-UPEI or 902-628-4353