A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the Cell Therapy Process Scientist will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for Cell Therapy manufacturing. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing studies, and generating applications data, to support adoption of innovative tools into the cell therapy processing space. The position involves working collaboratively with a broad group of technical and non-technical personnel including internal collaborators and commercial.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, or related Science discipline with 1+ year of experience in mammalian cell culture OR
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, or related Science discipline
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemical engineering or related field with 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Strong technical expertise in cell therapy development or mammalian cell culture/ upstream process development; downstream processing experience for cell therapies a plus
- Solid understanding of principles and practices in cell-based manufacturing; knowledge of GMP regulations and best practices in cGMP manufacturing desirable
- Hands-on experience with primary cell culture including stem and T-cells
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques and immunology for cell characterization including microscopy, flow cytometry, and metabolite quantification
- Experience in statistical analysis, familiarity with design of experiment (DoE) approaches, and experimental design skills
- The ability to work safely and efficiently in the lab, plan schedules and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives with short deadlines
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.