Mid-level industry position
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values –ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants –integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
This position is for an aviation prospect in Ireland. The project has not been awarded yet and offers will be extended post project award. Bechtel will be working in an integrated team with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Plan of circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client
The Architect will be responsible for the architectural design and assurance and act as an ‘expert advisor’ on architectural designs, ensuring technical excellence in line with the standards required and those set out by the Client. The role will involve the assurance of designs carried out by the design consultants and contractor design teams and will require the review of designs and design assumptions, drawings, compliance documentation and contract documentation where relevant.
- Ensure architectural designs and contract documents are completed in accordance with timelines, quality, and cost objectives set out by the Client.
- Assess project requirements relating to the relevant architectural elements across the Programmes to ensure they are feasible and in line with the Client’s objectives.
- Work on multiple projects within the Programme through all stages from concept and detailed design through to construction and handover overseeing the architectural interfaces and competing interests.
- Work with the Programme teams to ensure Contractor(s) compliance with the approved architectural designs during the construction phases.
- Ensure that the architectural design addresses all client requirements and expectations are adequately reflected in the design and execution.
- Ensure that designs are compliant with planning and regulatory requirements (Fire, DAC, BCAR etc), standards and any other statutory requirements.
- Attend or, lead architectural design reviews at key stages of the design process.
- Engage with and bench-mark against UK and European Airports to apply best practice standards and procedures.
- Work with the other design disciplines to ensure works are designed and phased in a manner which minimises impact to operations and is cost efficient.
- Assist in the preparation of tender requests for the procurement of external architectural consultants and support the procurement of the relevant services and contractor(s).
- Assist with the writing of the relevant aspects of specifications and technical reports, conduct site visits and site surveys and meet with clients and project stakeholders during the programme lifecycle.
- Make a timely response to technical queries and requests for information from stakeholders throughout the programme lifecycle.
- Ensure clear coordination with other aspects of the projects (civil, electrical, mechanical, architectural, structural design) to ensure interfaces are functional.
Basic and Preferred Experience
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience on aviation and other related projects of a similar size and complexity.
- Experience in similar role with proven track record of designing and delivering architectural projects from inception, brief development, planning, tender through to construction and completion on site.
- Experience acting at a senior level on high value projects including acting in an assurance role reviewing designs and drawings produced internally and externally by 3rd parties.
- Strong team leadership skills with an ability to influence upwards to drive effective design decision making.
- Have an understanding of the safety processes and requirements of designing and constructing in an operational airport.
- Ability to use Auto CAD / Revit.
- Ability to use NBS Create Specification Writer.
- Ability to use Microsoft office suites, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to use Sketch-up or similar 3D drawing package.
- Knowledge of the current Irish Building Regulations (Including Fire, DAC and BCAR).
Mid-level industry position