The general purpose of the Master Degree Course is to provide solid basic education for technicians qualified for carrying out activities related to designing civil works; conducting and coordinating work on site; economically evaluating building processes, town plans and civil works; organizing industrial production of components and items for civil constructions; carrying out the activity of administration technician for civil works and the management of the town planning sector in public administrations; working in the field of hydraulic infrastructures, in plumbing and environmental engineering and in the field of transport systems; working in the field of land survey, of urban layout, of historic centres and of buildings; carrying out experiments and analyzing the data coming from technical analysis laboratories; using IT tools to support planning.
The Master Degree is divided into three curricula:
- Building construction;
- Civil and environmental engineering (held in the English language).
The purpose of the curriculum in Civil and environmental engineering, which is an excellence career of studies, is that of providing the student – Italian or foreign – with the skills needed to understand the issues and interactions of the various disciplinary fields, so as to know how to intervene, using proper methodologies of engineering sciences, in order to solve operating issues of civil engineering in the global market, taking into account the interaction of structures and civil infrastructures with the environment and dominating technical expressions in the English language.
The main opportunities for employment for graduates in Civil Engineering are: businesses involved in the construction and maintenance of civil works, professional offices and companies involved in designing works, installations and infrastructures, public offices involved in designing, planning, managing and controlling urban and land systems, companies, entities, consortia and agencies involved in managing and controlling works and service systems; service companies for feasibility studies of urban and land impact of infrastructures.
Furthermore, the master in Civil Engineering – curriculum in “Civil and Environmental engineering” will be able to:
- carry out activities related to the planning of works and civil infrastructures, taking into account their interaction with the environment and the land;
- make an economic assessment of building processes, town plans and civil works;
- design civil works and infrastructures which are resilient to natural risks, especially earthquake and hydrogeological instability;
- designing buildings with a low environmental impact and low energy consumption;
- using internationally standardized IT tools to support design.
Piazza del Mercato, 15, 25121 Brescia BS, Italija
Brescia , Italy