Executive / senior industry position
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Process Development Senior Scientist reports to the Bioconjugation Manager in the contract manufacturing sector. The candidate will work in the Process and Analytical Development department to develop process chemistry for transfer to GMP manufacturing. The position will center around development/optimization, development scale-up campaigns and technology transfer designed to deliver robust and cost-effective production processes to GMP manufacturing.
- Leverage experience in bioconjugation chemistry to transfer, optimize, and scale-up process chemistry unit operations.
- Work with a team of bioprocess and bioanalytical scientists to develop Bioconjugation process chemistry
- Effectively work with key stakeholders to technology transfer time-sensitive production processes to GMP manufacturing
- Troubleshoot process non-conformances and deliver data-driven solutions
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other Life Science discipline + 2 years of industrial life science experience
- Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other Life Science discipline with 5+ years of industrial life science experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other Life Science discipline with 10+ years of industrial life science experience
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the design and generation of bioconjugates
- Technical expertise at site-specific conjugation, bioconjugation with the utilization of antibody fragments, protein scaffolds, bispecifics and other formats
- Demonstrated understanding of downstream and/or upstream biomanufacturing process requirements, best practices, and industry standards
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and implement new and existing technologies to improve process efficiency, control, and understanding
- Proven application of DOE and other advanced statistical techniques to design experiments related to process development, characterization and data analysis
- Process scale-up and transfer experience into GMP manufacturing
- Exemplary communication skills including timely and concise written and oral communications to both external and internal project stakeholders
- Ability to work occasional evenings weekends for special projects
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.