Executive / senior industry position
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As a Sr. Chemist Engineer you will focus on wet clean formulation development as well as tool performance improvement and activities for serving internal and external customers. This senior-level position is in Surface Preparation and Clean R&D within the Patterning Solution Business Field. In addition, you will lead troubleshooting and provide solutions to address customer issues and technical challenges.
- R&D formulation and development for new products
- Develop wet-clean processes in lab-scale and correlate performance in process tool to optimize formulation performance
- Support formulation chemist in transferring formulation to a successful new product,
- Lead customer on-site qualification at key IC manufacturers in North America and Europe.
- Respond to customer requests and complaints, and resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- Lead collaboration projects with internal customers, and support manufacture plant as need
- Hands-on laboratory work
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or related degree
- 2+ years of experience in New Product Development, Semiconductors, wafer fabrication environments, or related experience
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related degree
- Experience in the semiconductor industry, particularly in the cleaning process area
- Experience in wet cleans and familiar with wet clean equipment and process tools
- Strong fundamentals and practical experience in chemistry, liquid and surface analysis techniques, and statistics
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills that support a diverse, cross-functional, multicultural team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrate creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Have an in-depth understanding of fundamental chemistry, wet clean technology, liquid and surface analysis techniques, and the ability to correlate chemistry properties to product performance.
- Ability to collaborate with the business and operation teams on ongoing projects and foster strong collaboration across the project teams.
- Demonstrated leadership through strong technical skills, teamwork skills and be self-motivated in supporting business opportunities and ultimately winning business.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.