Research assistant / technician
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The R&D Technician role will focus on new Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) slurry product development, with a focus on the abrasive component research and development. You will work on a team consisting of other chemists/scientists, developing next generation abrasive particles for CMP slurries that provide technical solutions to semiconductor industry needs.
- Understand and follow proper laboratory safety protocols for handling chemicals, including wearing proper protective equipment.
- Perform general laboratory duties, including preparing solutions, calibrating tools, measuring physical properties, cleaning/washing, and general lab organization.
- Perform other laboratory duties as assigned.
- Assist the Research Scientist with project related tasks.
- Support data process, analysis, and reporting.
- Maintain chemical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain chemical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain chemical laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas, making operational or staffing adjustment.
- Work closely with customer technology team and develop new CMP product that meets customer requirements.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Material Science, or related Scientific discipline
- 2+ years of experience in general laboratory techniques
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Material Science or related Scientific discipline
- Hands on experience with chemistry lab setup
- Working experience in the semiconductor industry or chemical material industry
- Highly organized, good communication skills, open minded, and highly creative with passion
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.