The R&D Formulation Scientist (Bioprinting) will be responsible for the development of innovative bioinks and related products for 3D Bioprinting. The Scientist will gain an understanding of customer needs as to develop new product portfolios to meet those needs. The Scientist will leverage scientific knowhow to strategically identify 3D Biofabrication technologies that drive competitive edge as well as develop bioink formulations including optimization and characterization of their physicochemical, mechanical and biological properties.
He/she will work closely with 3D Printing Material Synthesis R&D team, Product Management team, QC team and external collaborators to develop formulation process, product characterization, scale-up, technology transfer, user protocol and application data generation. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining accurate and complete lab data notebooks, analyze and interpret data, record and report results in accordance with lab procedures and systems.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry or related Scientific discipline with 3+ years of formulation experience in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering with a record of patents and publications
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry or related Scientific discipline
- PhD in Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry or a related field.
- Demonstrated 2+ years of hands on research experience in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering with record of patents and publications.
- Extensive experience with biomaterials characterization techniques including mechanical, physicochemical and structural characterization as well as biological characterization techniques of in vitro 3D tissue models including biochemical and IHC assays and microscopy.
- Proficiency in optimization of bioink formulations for 3D Bioprinting and familiarity with using multiple 3D bioprinter platforms, including extrusion, is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with 3D cell culture and knowledge of hydrogel crosslinking chemistries is most preferred
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write technical reports, summarize data and make effective presentations.
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, team player and able to work with cross-functional teams.