A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the R&D Engineer II will be part of the Cell Therapy Processing developing novel ultrasound platform technologies to enable automated manufacturing of cell and gene therapies. The technologies comprise patented acousto-fluidic systems for cell processing such as labeled and label-free cell selection, concentration, washing and differentiation.
The current focus of the technical team is the development of an acoustic affinity cell selection system and a label free cell selection system. Acoustic radiation forces in conjunction with low Reynolds number flows are used to manipulate particles and cells to perform a specific cell processing step.
- Utilize strong design and CAD background and be equally adept in a lab, assembling devices, setting up experiments, gathering data and post-processing of data.
- Design acousto-fluidic cell processing platforms
- Fabricate and assemble devices
- Set up and execute experiments of acousto-fluidic systems
- Participate in design of experiments, data analysis, post processing and presentation of data
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical Engineering, or Physics
- 1+ year of CAD, or SolidWorks experience
- 1+ year of hands-on experience with lab instrumentation
- MS in Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or other discipline
- Proficiency in CAD, SolidWorks
- Hands on, experience with lab instrumentation, and excited to be an experimentalist
- Fabrication experience including 3D printing and light machining
- Experience with data analysis and post processing of data
- Knowledge in one of the following fields preferred: physical acoustics, ultrasound, biomedical ultrasound
- Self-motivated with strong curiosity and driven to take on broader responsibilities around technology development
- Excitement to be an experimentalist
- Be an independent thinker, innovator, and contributor to the development of the acousto-fluidic platform technologies and processes
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
West Springfield, US
West Springfield , United States