PrResponsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Delivers upstream optimization consulting to OPCO's/SBU's and their facilities.
- Responsible for the technical leadership to SBU operations, I&C engineers, Automation Techs, Process Engineers and Process Control Engineers during in the implementation of upstream optimization projects plus support from a centrally based services center.
- Perform detailed analysis of process data for defining optimization strategies, consult on control system architectures, derive process understanding from P&ID’s and evaluate control systems to establish the application design basis.
- Provide assistance with field installation and commissioning of the applications along with Operator training.
- Domestic and international travel 20% of the time to support operations worldwide.
- Bachelor of Science degree Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, knowledge and development of advanced process control applications, process control systems or process automation solutions within the oil and gas or related industry.
- Working knowledge of upstream OIL AND GAS producing operations specifically wells, facilities, and equipment is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, interpret and remediate poor performing automation and process systems using data analysis, software tools and collaborations with Operations is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely to make their thinking visible to others and to effectively listen and then pose questions to understand the views of others while seeking feedback and suggestions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective customer, vendor and team relationships based on mutual respect, rapport and credibility as well as understanding their needs and expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to foster cooperation and collaboration among individuals on work teams and across organizational boundaries.
ocess Control Engineer
Corporate / senior
3901 Briarpark Dr, Houston, TX 77042
Houston , United States