NASA’s Mission Operations for the International Space Station is located at Johnson Space Center. On Jacobs’ JETS contract we provide engineering services to JSC. Come join us and be a vital part of operating the largest space station ever built. We’re looking for a Lead Structural Analyst Engineer.
The Lead Structural Design Engineer will support Johnson Space Center’s activities for long duration space flight through the JETS Contract and Lead Structural engineering tasks for the eXploration Portable Life Support System (XPLSS).
The selected candidate for this role will:
- Lead a team of Structural analysts and coordinate analysis tasks.
- Perform some Project Management duties:
- Cost/schedule for analysis tasks and coordinate resources to perform analysis tasks.
- Engineer will review the overall project and define analysis tasks that will need to be completed
- Engineer will coordinate between design and analysis to ensure appropriate information is being transferred and design changes are being implemented across the board.
- Review Random Vibration test plans to ensure that the test meets the requirements.
- Review technical reports and analysis products for completeness and accuracy.
- Use aerospace experience to perform classical hand stress analysis, finite element stress analysis and fracture mechanics analysis.
- Be proficient in the use of finite element modeling and MSC/NASTRAN for solution and post processing.
- Prepare structural analysis reports and work with other contractors to find resolution to problems.
- Mentor Engineers in the processes and procedures of structural certification and verification of spaceflight hardware.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and a minimum of four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- Special skills required or expertise in MathCAD, Matlab, IDEAS, FEMAP or PATRAN, MSC/NASTRAN, NASGRO, and/or Hypermesh.
- Skills in Managing Groups of technical people.
- Familiarity with desktop software applications, MS Office is required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- BS in Aerospace, Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC standards, processes and requirements.
- Experience with NASA flight hardware is preferred.
- Non-linear finite element analysis experience is a plus.
- Why Work for JETS?
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! (www.wehavespaceforyou.com).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.