Tasks May Include: (Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Review of design drawings and calculations for Wind and Solar Energy foundations support systems, to support project financing.
- Development of geotechnical engineering analysis tools for soil-structure interaction, settlement, bearing capacity and other geotechnical aspects of foundation design analyses.
- Evaluation of pre-market design concepts for Wind and Solar Energy support systems.
- Evaluation and root cause analyses of Wind and Solar Energy geotechnical failures.
- Observation and documentation of Wind and Solar Energy construction.
Requirements: (Mandatory qualifications for this position)
- BSc in Civil Engineer is required
- MS in Geotechnical Engineering is required
- 2 to 5 years of geotechnical engineering design including at least 2 years of design of electrical transmission, wind or solar energy structural systems.
- P.E. or P.Eng. License (licensed as a P.E or P.Eng strongly preferred but ability to obtain the license within a 6-month period will also be considered).
- Proficiency in IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, ACI, NBCC, EuroCode and other common structural design codes.
- Proficiency in MathCad, LPile, slope stability and other common structural analysis programs.
- Understanding of foundation systems for utility scale onshore wind turbines.
- Understanding of common Solar PV foundation systems and geotechnical aspects of design.
- Understanding of typical construction methods for Wind and Solar Energy.
- Proven HSE mindset and demonstrated behavior-based safety mentality
- Able to work independently, and make independent decisions when called for.
- Able to work with a geographically diverse team, within North America and internationally.
- Maintain a flexible schedule and be able to keep in contact with international offices.
- 25 percent domestic travel (US and Canada), and must also be able to travel internationally.
- Must be able to use common construction personal protective equipment, walk over uneven terrain, climb ladders.
- Suitable MVR,
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Preferred Skills (Not Required): (what qualifications would be helpful?)
- Geotechnical Engineer (G.E.) License.
- Proficiency in Plaxis, FLAC, or other geotechnical finite element analyses
- Prior research or design experience with reinforced concrete wind turbine foundations.
- Prior research or design experience with of Solar PV structural support systems.
- Second language, Spanish or other
Mid-level industry position
9665 Chesapeake Dr #435, San Diego, CA 92123
San Diego , United States