In the role of Civil Engineer/ EIT, we'll count on you to:
• Work on a team with other project engineers and provide detailed civil design for a wide range of projects from urban roadways to federal facilities
• Perform overall site layout, grading, utility layout and drainage
• Develop site storm drainage and stormwater models
• Perform routine engineering assignments requiring application of standard techniques and procedures
• Complete projects with clear, specified objectives and limited variables
• Perform administrative duties associated with project management for civil/site projects
• Work independently on small projects, or assist more-senior engineers on larger projects
Provide assistance with the creation and submission of technical reports, specifications and calculations
• Perform other duties as needed
Keyword(s): Civil Engineer, EIT, drainage, stormwater, site design, job #151190, *LI-MP1
• MS/BS in Civil Engineering or closely related field
• 2+ years' experience in civil engineering, preferably in site and drainage design.
• EIT is required. Preferred candidates will be on track to PE
• Experience on Federal projects is preferred
• Experience with preparing documents necessary to obtain State Stormwater Permits (in NY, NJ, MD, and /or VA) is preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word, AutoCAD, MicroStation a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Willingness to travel is required.
• Must have a valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record under the HDR Motor Vehicle Policy.
• Candidates who reside locally in the metro NY/NJ area are preferred.
Corporate / junior
1 International Blvd, Mahwah, NJ 07495
Mahwah , United States