Mid-level industry position
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values –ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants –integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
This position is for an aviation prospect in Ireland. The project has not been awarded yet and offers will be extended post project award. Bechtel will be working in an integrated team with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Plan of circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client.
The Building Services REVIT Technician is responsible for working on developing designs and solutions for technical problems in a 3D digital environment. The successful candidate must have the ability to create designs and engineering drawings that satisfy project requirements. They will support in the development of designs and digital models from inception to completion in accordance with the time, quality and objectives set down by the Client.
- Support the planning, integration and execution of BIM on the Building Services elements of the Clients portfolio in accordance with ISO 19650 standards.
- Provide technical support and subject matter expertise on 3D Design development.
- Develop models containing reliable geometric and information assets that can be integrated efficiently with the Client’s Computer Maintenance Management System.
- Support the site teams in the capturing of information in a manner that can be incorporated into the design models
- Support the design and site teams in the checking and authorising of designers and contractors design information against Client requirements.
- Use coordination and clash avoidance processes identify and improve potential safety issues, construction sequencing issues, inefficiencies or operational impacts.
- Ensure design models and drawings are completed in accordance with timelines, quality, and cost objectives as set out by the Client.
- Be flexible and support other special projects as required.
- Support the development of 4D (programme, sequence and logistics) and 5D (quantities) capabilities.
Basic & Preferred Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience post qualification of which at least 7 years should be within a BIM environment.
- Have experience in production of building services engineering designs and drawings.
- Have experience of working within a 3D digital design environment within a building services discipline including a detailed working knowledge of REVIT / BIM and 3D modelling.
- Be familiar with ISO 19650 standards relating to Building Information Modelling.
- Be familiar with developing project objects in project models within appropriate families, systems, etc.
- Have experience in the validation of as-built information against Employer’s Requirements
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong design and detailing skills.
- Experienced with Auto CAD / Revit and related building services design software.
- Hold a post-graduate qualification in a BIM related discipline.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Mid-level industry position