Financial Aid

North Greenville University
Posted on:


Research/project funding

Each year North Greenville University awards over thirty million dollars in financial aid.  Over ninety percent of our students receive some type of financial aid. We are committed to providing the most current information possible on our website. Please take time to review the pages in this section of our website for more information concerning grants, scholarships, loans, and much more.

Please feel free to call our office at (864) 977-7056 with any questions.




Student Eligibility and Method of Distribution of Student Aid

At North Greenville University, student aid is generally awarded on the basis of financial need. Simply defined, financial need is the difference between the student's cost of education (tuition, fees, room-board, and books) and the amount the student and family are expected to contribute toward meeting those costs. In order to determine eligibility for financial aid, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required. Financial aid forms are available at the university financial aid offices and high school counseling offices.

The Executive Council of North Greenville University passed the following policy:

Institutional aid plus all outside grants and scholarships (except for student loans) may not exceed actual school charges for tuition, room, board, fees and books.

The costs for university trips are the responsibility of the student.

Rent for university apartments, car registration fees, fines and supplies are not included.

The Financial Planning Office shall adjust a student's financial aid as needed to implement this policy.

Students who receive sufficient grants and scholarships that cover the cost of education will not receive a refund unless all of the grants and scholarships are non-institutional funds, and approved by the granting agencies.

For clarification, contact the Financial Aid Office.

NOTE: If you have more than enough financial aid to cover your charges, you may be able to obtain a book voucher from the Business Office to pay for your books.




A student must file a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive any federal aid.  

Federal workstudy will be paid once a month.  All other federal aid shall be disbursed once a semester.  

Students with a credit balance may use the credit to purchase books immediately.  

More Information

Posted on:


Research/project funding


Tigerville , United States