MSc Civil Engineering
Regular fees: 120000 CNY
The MSc Civil Engineering programme incorporates all of the contemporary key elements of engineering design in the built environment.
During the programme, you will develop a high level of knowledge and skills in the fields of structural engineering, construction management, geotechnical engineering and innovative construction materials.
The MSc Civil Engineering programme embraces research-led teaching, where the students are actively engaged by accomplishing technical tasks, either in the form of group work or individual projects. .
Comprising two semesters of taught modules, this programme also includes undertaking a research dissertation during the third semester.
The programme is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng), for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
WHY STUDY CIVIL ENGINEERING AT XJTLU?
- Graduate from a programme accredited by one of the world's most powerful professional bodies, the UK Joint Board of Moderators
- Learn in an international environment with highly engaged staff who are experienced in both academia and industry
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
See www.jbm.org.uk for further information.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
By the time you graduate from the MSc Civil Engineering programme, you will have:
- independent critical thinking skills, which are key for the development of professional engineering insight
- a solid understanding of the theoretical aspects of the recent advances in civil engineering fields
- the ability to work in complex professional environments and find innovative solutions for technical problems.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for roles such as consultant or site manager in the construction industry, as well as similar positions in government, and in water management and infrastructure facilities. Graduates can also find employment as structural engineers, geotechnical engineers, hydraulic and hydrologic engineers, quantity surveyors and quality managers.