Regular fees: 3500 EUR
The flexibility analysis of piping systems is carried out by skilled persons within engineering companies. The course is created and conducted by qualified professional engineers and is based on years of experience. The purpose of this course is to train flexibility analysis, to engineers with some years of experience in the piping discipline.
During the program, the participants work solving real-life assignments, which require the students to produce real-life outputs. That is, the students have to review diagrams, plans, specifications. And then the students have to produce calculations, drawings, simulations, etc. The students have the continuous support from the instructor through discussion forums and weekly live web conferences with webcam and shared screens. This interaction has proved to be very useful for the guidance of the students.
Will the students have access to university library?
I am afraid not.
What kind of study materials will be shared with us?
Pdfs and videos
Will the certificate be written in English or in Spanish?
In English. See an example beneath.
Which language will be used in the program?
How will the course be administered online including sending of course materials?
You will log in a virtual campus.
How will the thesis defense be organized? Appear in person at the University of San Jorge in Spain?
Via web conference
Is it possible to continue this program with a full time job?
It might be a bit tight. It depends on how much time you have in the evenings and weekend.
Any flexibility with the deadlines of each course?
I am afraid the deadlines will be mandatory. If you miss a module, you can ask for a one-year extension (but only once).
What will be the timings of lectures?
You will meet with the instructor once every two weeks. There will be different meeting times to accommodate to the participants needs.
Will this degree be well recognized in European and other countries?
It will be recognized as a postgraduate degree conducted by a Spanish University.
Will it be helpful to find job in Europe after this degree?
We believe so because there is a high demand of these jobs currently.
How many hours do I need to study per day?
It depends on your background, but we believe you will need around 3 hours/day, Monday through Friday. You can also work in the weekend.
What you'll learn
- Piping Stress Analysis
- Basic Concepts of Stress Analysis
- Purpose of Stress Analysis
- Condes and Standards
- Categorization of a Piping System
- Working Flow Chart
- Theoretical foundations
- Piping Stress Classification
- Failure Theory and Admissible Stress by Code
- Stress Intensification Coefficients on Piping Accesories
- Piping Support Elements
- Thermal Expansion
- Analysis of Piping Systems: Sustained Case
- Analysis of Piping Systems: Operation Case
- Analysis of Piping Systems: Ocassional Case
- Exercise: Piping System: Real Analysis
- Stress Analysis of Piping Systems connected to Centrifugal Pumps
- Stress Analysis of Piping Systems connected to Centrifugal compressors
- Stress Analysis of Piping Systems connected toTurbines
- Stress Analysis of Piping Systems connected to Heaters
- Stress Analysis of Piping Systems connected to Air cooler systems
- Stress Analysis of Piping Systems connected to Reactors
- Expansion joints
- Reciprocating machines and vibrations
- Slug flow
Regular fees: 3500 EUR
International Institute of Plant Engineering and Design, Rotterdamseweg 183c
2629 Delft , Netherlands