Executive / senior industry position
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Global Mining team has a need for a Senior Structural Engineer, based out of our offices in Saskatoon, SK. Sudbury ON or North Bay ON. You would work with various clients in completing feasibility studies and detailed engineering projects for underground and surface mining operations.
The role of a Senior Structural Engineer is to lead engineering teams on large projects. They will be responsible for preparing designs and ensuring the development and delivery of successful structural projects such as headframes, hoist house, shaft steelwork, surface and underground mining structures, foundations and equipment supports.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage projects completely, including managing of client relationships and bringing in new clients
- Manage the scope and integration of subcontractors and employees, supports business development and the delivery of proposals
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects
- Under general supervision, plan, design, direct and mentor junior engineers and designers
- Perform site inspections, investigations and verifications of structures
- Lead the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents
- Responsible for performing calculations to analyze and design civil/structural system components
- Liaise with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals
- Perform on technically complex projects and act as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members
- Stay up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials
- Provide resources and schedules in response to specified completion dates and technical applications
- Prepare cost estimates and evaluate all project progress and recommend changes, if needed, in final procedures
- May write and negotiate proposals as project issues arise with clients or reviewing agencies
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods, including development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions
- Proficient in structural analysis and design engineering software, preferably STAAD Pro or SAP2000.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule
- Understands client expectations, budgeting and proposal writing
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. MSc in Structural Engineering preferred but not necessary. Minimum of 7-8 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Sudbury, Canada-Ontario-North Bay
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002OK