Executive / senior industry position
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma in Bellefonte, PA is seeking a Senior Scientist to join our HPLC R&D group. The Senior Scientist will contribute to the success of the organization through design, preparation, characterization, and application of chromatography material in HPLC column technologies.
- Develop a research plan of a proposed new product. Identify the critical paths and technical milestones. Assist with establishing new technologies for the company.
- Perform the required laboratory work with the support of other chemists when applicable. Generate progress reports and coordinate projects with project manager/team leaders.
- Follow company guidelines for EHS and other safety compliances.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacture, and other functional groups within the organization.
- Remain current in the field of chromatography through literature, scientific meetings, and seminars. Prepare written, verbal and visual materials for internal presentations and external scientific meetings.
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in HPLC and LC-MS instrumentation with different chromatography applications including reversed phase, HILIC, and Ion-exchange OR
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience in HPLC and LC-MS instrumentation with different chromatography applications including reversed phase, HILIC, and Ion-exchange
- Deep knowledge in chromatography theory, practice, and applications in industry
- Experience in organic synthesis, surface modification, and HPLC phase preparation and evaluation is a plus
- Track record in poster and oral presentations in major conferences
- Track record in publications of technical articles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility, curiosity and openness for new projects and responsibilities
- Self-motivated and a team player
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.