Practitioner / consultant
Job Title: Powertrain Controls Calibration Engineer - Emissions Department: Powertrain Controls
Reporting to: Powertrain Controls Principal Engineer (Emissions & Efficiency)
No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company”, we are looking for a Powertrain Controls Calibration Engineer - Emissions to join our team.
Purpose of the Role
- Emissions development at engine dyno (10% testing time);
- Emissions development at vehicle testbench (60-70% testing time);
- Real Driving Emissions development (30-20% testing time);
- Study of Emissions / Fuel Consumption requirements for Hybrid / Plug-in vehicles;
- ECU Calibration in presence also of eventual Hybrid architecture (Hybrid transitions, Emissions optimization of torque split, ...);
- SW debugging/calibration of PFI/GDI functionalities;
- Particle Matter and Particle Number development;
- Develop and simulate new engine functions to achieve Emissions / Fuel Consumption targets;
- Study of different Fuel influence on Emissions with particular attention to China market;
- Support Emissions tests (Development and Certification) with very frequent transfer to external facilities in UK and Spain;
- Support of Proof of Concepts for future projects;
- Possible secondment in external facilities (UK or Spain).
Mechanical or Automotive Engineering Degree 2:1 or above
- Experience of Engine Calibration, Tools and Methodology;
- Working knowledge of Bosch Engine Management Systems (MED17 preferable);
- Experience on GDI is a plus;
- At least 3 years experience in the automotive sector.
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Understanding of Engine and Controls fundamentals and interest and curiosity in deepening their knowledge;
- Good knowledge of basic engine design and of the actuators controlled by ECU;
- Good knowledge of ETAS Inca;
- Pro-activity in facing potential problems and in possibly anticipating them;
- Willingness to work in a high paced environment and available to work extra-hours;
- Willingness to work in team and to collaborate actively inside it;
- Willingness to travel at short notice if required;
- Full Driving licence;
- Good knowledge of Office;
- Good knowledge of Matlab / Simulink and ASCET;
- Excellent communication skills.
Practitioner / consultant
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom