Junior industry position
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood services multiple markets including Infrastructure, Process & Energy and Mining & Minerals. Wood performs consulting and EPCM services for many local and worldwide companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
The Wood Trail office currently numbers over 70 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play!
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Civil/Structural, Junior Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals group, at our Trail, BC office. We offer a broad range of professional development and career growth opportunities and are committed to helping our staff achieve their potential. If you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong technical fundamentals, and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing assistance with civil/structural engineering design and technical support for the construction of industrial facilities and services related to mining and mineral processing; including mill processing buildings, conveyor galleries, loadout facilities, storage facilities, bins and tanks.
- Assisting with the review of project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including verifying technical accuracy.
- Learning and understanding process flows as well as engineering protocols.
- Preparing simple plans and reports with related engineering calculations.
- Carrying out straightforward specifications under supervision.
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills, handling multiple tasks both independently and in a team environment.
- Assisting more experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of more complex tasks
- Developing and establishing communication with internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing support to various team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-5 years of relevant design experience.
- Eligibility for registration for Engineer-In-Training or P.Eng status with EGBC.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.