Mid-level industry position
Reporting to the Lead, Civil Structural, Albian, you will be responsible for the design of new structures and foundations as well as modifications to existing structures (such as platforms, access ladders, pipe supports, enclosures, replacement or addition of steel to existing facilities, etc.), and small civil works (land grading, culverts, ditches, pond linings and erosion control).
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
- Relocation to Calgary
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS – RELOCATION!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Complete design and prepare project detailed documentation (design packages and calculations) for in house engineered projects
- Support front end work on projects with reports, analysis and studies required to proof feasibility of concepts
- Develop, review and maintain all engineering standards and specifications relating to civil structural engineering for the project
- Provide field engineering support
- Support detailed cost estimates by cost engineers for in-house engineering work
SAFETY AT CANADIAN NATURAL:
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
In keeping with our commitment to safety, all employees and contractors must be fit for work while on duty and be both mentally and physically able to perform job requirements safely and effectively. The use of illicit drugs and the inappropriate use of alcohol, marijuana, medications and other substances can adversely affect the safety of employees and others, job performance and the work environment.
Canadian Natural requires alcohol and drug pre-employment testing for all of our safety sensitive positions.
- Completion of a Civil/Structural Engineering Degree and valid registration with APEGA as a P.Eng
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience within civil, structural and architectural discipline including design, structural calculations and analysis, technical reports, technical documentation review and construction support activities
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in S-Frame, STAAD Pro, Dyna 6, Smart Plant Review
- Experience working with Microstation and AutoCAD would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven analytical abilities and exceptional problem solving skills
- Taking initiative and ability to prioritize work effective with high attention to detail
OUR ALBIAN OIL SANDS MINING OPERATIONS
Albian Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Albian Oil Sands.
ABOUT CANADIAN NATURAL:
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Primary Location Calgary