Executive / senior industry position
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
About the Role
We have new opportunities in our Project Delivery Practice for Lead Project Managers. We are looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager into our downtown Ottawa office. You will oversee the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects from concept through to construction, on one of the flagship and most challenging projects in Ottawa the Centre-Block Rehabilitation project.
Get to know the Centre-Block Rehabilitation Project
- You will report to the Program Manager
- Oversee the delivery of the technical milestones and phases of the project;
- Manage the budgets for the project;
- Manage diverse project teams;
- Liaison with clients and the project team;
- Analyze project management and project delivery risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and initiating mitigating action;
- Coordinate of diverse design teams;
- Oversee project quality control and quality assurance;
- Manage the resolution of project issues, identification of mitigation measures;
- Evaluate project schedules for activities, milestones, and essential path;
- Prepare project cost estimates, and budgets;
- Perform all other tasks to help accomplish the delivery of the project;
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or Architecture;
- PMP Certification is an asset;
- Minimum 12 years of Project Management experience;
- Experience leading diverse teams of project
- Manage project deadlines;
- Experience with schedule software is an asset;
- Willingness to learn;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to present to management and client
Get to know our other major projects in Ottawa
STAGE 2 LRT - ESAP
What if we can?
What if you could have work-life balance? What if you can be rewarded in ways that support your individual needs? What if you can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, Personal flex days, RRSP, TFSA, Flex dollars life and travel insurance, paid professional subscriptions, and you can choose to use your flex dollars to purchase anything fitness and wellness related – so if you would like to hop on a new bike – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.
This role will require security clearance and offers of employment will be conditional on obtaining the required level of clearance. This will be discussed with you at the interview. Learn more
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in Canada
Relocation assistance may be available for this position.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.