Mid-level industry position
Dillon is a well-established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Civil Engineer in our Kitchener office.
- Completion of functional and detailed design for municipal and land development projects related to shallow and deep utilities, road works, site servicing, and storm water management
- Coordination of design team activities, direction to project team members including sub-consultants and subcontractors
- Liaison and development of private and public sector clients
- Liaison with government review and approval agencies
- Development of project proposal preparation and client relations and new business development
- Input to the career development of more junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request
- A degree in civil engineering
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in the Province of Ontario, or eligible to be licensed within six months
- Six to eight years’ professional work experience in municipal / infrastructure engineering
- Previous consulting experience will be considered a significant asset
- Proficient in the full range of design activities of various municipal infrastructure including water supply systems, sewage systems, roadways, stormwater management works, underground and surface site servicing works, and/or waste management facilities including preparation of functional and detailed design drawings and reports, contract document preparation and tendering
- In-depth understanding of contract administration services and requirements
- In depth knowledge of contract administration services and requirements, Ontario OPSS/OPSD
- Expert knowledge of municipal servicing standards and environmental approvals requirements
- Demonstrated skills in public and agency consultation
- Strong proficiency in proposal and report writing, presentations, communications, organization and interpersonal skills
- Experience with trenchless technologies and applications would be an asset
We thank all applicants who apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.