Purpose of the role:
To join a high-performing and successful functional safety team by achieving the Functional Safety attribute across our full range of Sports, Super and Ultimate series vehicles. Assistant Functional Safety Engineer manages and coordinates effectively Functional Safety activities in accordance with ISO 26262.
Opportunity to work on various interesting projects at McLaren Automotive, being involved in discussion with different technical areas, dealing with software developed in-house and supplied, internal and external stakeholders, item-level and vehicle-level analyses, legacy and AUTOSAR software methodologies, traditional and state-of-the-art Zonal E/E Architecture.
This role has a focus on Chassis / Body / ADAS / HMI/UX, software development with Agile methodology, therefore previous experience or desire to expand your learning in these areas in future would be a plus.
- Adhere to companywide functional safety policy
- Coordinate and create safety work-products like DIA, Safety plan, Item definition, HARA, FSR, etc
- Responsible for the whole ISO 26262 V-cycle activities for the Active safety systems like Powertrain, Chassis, Body as well as Passive safety systems like Airbag, seatbelt
- Perform appropriate safety analysis FMEA / FTA for the in-house software safety systems
- Support the implementation and validation of in-house safety software monitor
- Support safety functions to fulfil the safety concepts and requirements
- Support the planning and execution of the system tests and vehicle level tests to ensure the safety concept achievement
- Maintain the requirements and testing specification in DOORS, ensuring the traceability and consistency within the multiple levels
- Support the definition and negotiation of the development interface agreements with suppliers and follow up activities with regular catch-up for the functional safety topics
- Coordinate development of safety requirements and associated architecture across other systems
- Review of work products to meet the requirements of ISO 26262
- Working with disciplines such as systems, hardware, software, validation
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience in automotive systems or similar industry like aerospace, defence, military
- Awareness of ISO 26262 on automotive systems, including safety analysis (HARA, FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, DFA, etc.) and working knowledge would be plus.
- Awareness of the latest automotive hardware and software state-of-the-art solutions along with best practices relevant to safety, e.g. E-Gas, lock-step core processor, etc.
- Understanding of the automotive electronic and electrical architectures, including the AUTOSAR standard.
- Understanding of software integration paradigms, communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.) and latest trends
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a highly professional standard using IBM Rational DOORS
- Ability to develop software with Matlab/Simulink
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Pro-active, self-motivated and ability to work as a team.
- Strong communicator as the role requires work across cross functional team
- Effective time management and prioritisation of tasks between multiple projects
- Conscientious and attention to quality, reliability and safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor engineering degree in either Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or similar
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Driving Licence
- Graduate Engineer role
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom