Tasks & responsibilities:
- This position based in our Houston, TX office, headquarters of our Power, Oil & Gas (POG) business.
- Primary responsibilities are to support the America’s sales team in evaluating technical specifications and bid documents, selecting the appropriate products from Voith’s high performance variable speed hydrodynamic product portfolio using various Voith application and selection software, and generating budgetary as well as firm proposals.
- The applications engineer will also be responsible for generating preliminary drive package designs and proposals, which will require basic knowledge of electric motors, electrical 3 phase power, and competitive electrical drive solutions, mechanical power transmission products (e.g. connection couplings), and basic industrial instrumentation.
- The application engineer will be the primary technical coordinator for all POG related projects that are in the OTO (Opportunity-to-Offer) phase of any project. This position requires frequent coordination with Voith’s Product Management teams in Germany.
- Occasional travel is required (<15%) to Germany as well as making technical presentation to customers and supporting technical trade shows.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work from our Houston office.
- The successful candidate will report to the VP of Applications Engineering Americas
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, petro-chemical, or industrial engineering with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical power transmission and/or rotating equipment (turbomachinery).
- Good communication skills and a desire to provide complete and timely responses to our sales team and customers.
- Proficient working knowledge of computer systems, including AutoCAD (or equivalent) ideally Siemens PLM NX/Teamcenter, and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems is a requirement.
- Ability to read and interpret complex technical specifications.
- Ability to perform general engineering calculations as well as complex problem solving.
- Knowledge of API standards is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, open to new and challenging tasks and experiences, self-motivated and willing to motivate others.
- Team-oriented and comfortable with cross-cultural communication.
- Fluent in English. Second language (Spanish or German) would be advantageous.
Corporate / senior
11700 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77079
Houston , United States