Skanska is one of the world's leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordic region, Europe and USA.
- Founded: 1887
- Geographic markets in: the Nordic region, Europe and USA
- Operations: Construction and development of commercial property, residential and public private partnership (PPP) projects
- Employees: about 40,000 (2017)
- CEO: Anders Danielsson
- Largest shareholders: Industrivärden AB, Lundberg Group, Skanska employees through the Skanska employee ownership program (Seop)*
- Share listed: NASDAQ Stockholm
The Skanska Purpose – to build for a better society – sets out the direction in which the Group is heading. The Purpose reflects the company's role in society, a position that enables Skanska to create shareholder value.
Skanska provides innovative and sustainable solutions to create a sustainable future for its people, customers and communities. This is reinforced by a continued commitment to Safety, Ethics, Green, Community Investment as well as Diversity and Inclusion. All topics relate to our core business and expertise, and have an impact on our surroundings.
We are active in the fields of construction and project development, including commercial properties, homes and public-private partnerships (PPP).
Skanska's construction services involve building tall buildings and bridges as well as private homes.
Our offer includes single- as well as multi-family housing. We develop residential areas all the way from choosing the location to planning, designing and sales.
At Skanska we purchase, plan, develop, manage, lease and divest property projects.
Skanska is a world leader in public-private partnerships (PPPs), delivering real benefits around the world to the users of roads, hospitals, schools and power plants.