As Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology (S&T) organization Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) serves the nation as an enabler of business innovation and technology transfer. And, we foster the development of highly-qualified people for the knowledge economy to come.
- Corporate Profile, Mission and ValuesCNL is Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology organization. CNL has been a world leader in developing peaceful and innovative applications from nuclear technology through its expertise in physics, metallurgy, chemistry, biology and engineering.
- CNL's Long Term VisionThis strategy outlines a vision for CNL over the next ten years, which positions the organization as a global leader in nuclear science and technology; an organization that is commercially successful, respected for its scientific capabilities, and home to world-leading expertise based out of a modern, efficient and collaborative campus environment.
- Revitalization of the Chalk River LaboratoriesOver the next decade, CNL will be transforming its Chalk River Laboratories (CRL) through the revitalization of essential site infrastructure, the decommissioning of aging infrastructure and a significant investment in new, world-class science facilities.
- In the CommunityCNL is committed to developing and maintaining solid, long-term relationships with all of our stakeholders. These include the local communities where we work, the companies we do business with, as well as the public at large.
- Laboratories and Project SitesAcross Canada, CNL maintains unique capabilities in expertise and specialized facilities that support key federal nuclear science and technology priorities: innovation for industry, safety, security, health, environmental and clean energy technologies.
- Certifications and Compliance ProgramsCNL is committed to ensuring the highest performance in meeting the commitments expected of us by our regulators, customers, stakeholders and the public.
- Emergency PreparednessCNL is committed to providing the safest environment for our public and our employees. CNL follows the industry and Canadian comprehensive all-hazards approach to safeguard the public from any potential incidents.