MEngSc Food Engineering
Ireland has always been synonymous with quality food production and a global leader in food manufacturing, technology and innovation as evidenced by recent investments by the Kerry group (€100 million Global Technology and Innovation Centre, Kildare, Ireland) and Glanbia (the biggest dairy processing plant facilities of its kind in Europe at a cost of over €180 million, Kilkenny, Ireland). With investment in key plant infrastructure comes investment in people and knowledge to complement this.
The objective of this graduate programme is to educate engineers and scientists in the scientific and technological aspects of food manufacturing and processing. This dynamic and engaging Masters will provide graduates from engineering, technology, science or related disciplines the opportunity to gain advanced knowledge in bioprocess and food manufacturing systems.
This graduate programme will appeal to those who are interested in food and bioprocess engineering, risk assessment, process development, process control, advanced manufacturing systems and associated environmental issues. This specialisation will lead graduates to a number of employment opportunities in one of Ireland’s most important indigenous industries. Comprising a turnover of €24 billion, the food and drinks manufacturing industry provides excellent job prospects for graduates of this programme.
Engineering at UCD is highly attractive to students due to the exposure to world leading researchers and the significant career prospects.
- The MEngSc programme at UCD is currently the only graduate programme on Food Engineering in Ireland.
- UCD is ranked in the top 1% of higher education institutes worldwide.
- Degrees with high employability with dedicated careers support.
- Ireland’s largest and most international university.
- Established in 1854 with 160 years of teaching and research excellence.
Honours in a relevant Engineering, Science or Technology degree. Applicants who do not hold a relevant primary degree but have significant prior work experience will be considered by the Programme Co-ordinator on a case by case basis.
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised
Regular fees: 7490 EUR
International Fees : 23800 EUR
Stillorgan Rd, Belfield