Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Satisfy the Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees.
All students must hold a baccalaureate degree in an engineering or closely related discipline and submit to the UAA Office of Admissions:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results, taken within five years prior to the application date.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualifications for graduate study.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A one-page personal statement discussing the applicant’s credentials and readiness for graduate studies. This is an opportunity for the applicant to share relevant information, qualifications and experience that would not be included with the UAA graduate application form or reflected on official transcripts. It is also the applicant’s opportunity to describe his or her desire and commitment to pursue graduate study in mechanical engineering.
Current UAA baccalaureate students enrolled in engineering or a closely related discipline at the conclusion of their junior year may apply and be admitted to the MSME program. Students must complete their baccalaureate degree requirements before receiving the MSME.
Admission Requirements, Fast Track MSME Option
BSME students interested in pursuing an MSME degree are encouraged to discuss the Fast Track MSME Option with their academic advisor(s) and plan on applying for Fast Track MSME Option admission during their junior year. In addition to the Admission Requirements listed above (excluding the GRE requirement), the Fast Track MSME Option applicant must:
- Be a current student enrolled in the UAA BSME Program.
- Have completed 60% of the credits toward the BSME Program Requirements.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 or higher for all coursework completed at UAA.
- Have completed at least 24 course credits at UAA.
Graduation Requirements, Thesis Option
- Satisfy the General University Requirements for Graduate Degrees.
- Complete the program requirements below.
- Complete the thesis work approved in advance by the student’s graduate committee.
3211 Providence Dr, Anchorage, AK 99508
Anchorage , United States