Master of Engineering in Mechatronics
This two-year master qualification provides students with specialised knowledge and professional engineering skills to prepare them for a career in one of the rapidly-growing application areas of mechatronics: robotics and automation, control engineering, computer vision, and smart grids. The program builds on the Australian National University’s interdisciplinary engineering focus and research expertise to give students the required skills to address complex multi-disciplinary problems, while at the same time providing advanced technical knowledge in one or more of the above fields.
Work integrated learning is an important part of the program and is delivered through the group project and integrated exposure to professional practice throughout the program.
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
1. Professionally apply systematic engineering methods to address complex, multi-disciplinary real-world engineering problems related to robotics and mechatronic systems.
2. Proficiently apply advanced, integrated technical knowledge in mechatronics and the underpinning sciences and scientific methods.
3. Identify and critically evaluate current developments and emerging trends within the robotics, intelligent systems, and industry automation sector.
4. Understand the contextual factors that influence professional engineering practice, and identify the potential societal, ethical, and environmental impact of engineering activities.
5. Communicate effectively with colleagues, other engineering professionals and the broader community employing a range of communication tools.
6. Engage in independent investigation, critical reflection and lifelong learning to continue to practice at the forefront of the discipline.
7. Work effectively and proactively within cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams, demonstrating autonomy, ethical conduct, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility to achieve engineering outcomes at a high standard.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Regular fees: 34560 AUD
International Fees : 45600 AUD
Canberra ACT 0200, Australia
Canberra , Australia