Master in Healthcare Information Systems Management
The specialized training in Medical Informatics is admittedly an essential action to promote and enhance the national technological developments and create added value for the country’s industry.This is confirmed by the investment made by both the government and the private sector in developing information systems that foster the improvement of the quality of services.The objectives of the
course are those of providing a specialization with special emphasis on Healthcare Information Systems and related technologies, and enabling the continuation of studies to students who have already acquired a degree on Healthcare Informatics, Computer Science, Networks Engineering and professionals in the area of Medical Informatics.
- Joint degree from Polytechnic Institute of Leiria and Oporto’s University
It is expected that the students which are able to successfully conclude this Master course will:
- Be able to apply the knowledge and the skills in problem solving acquired in familiar and unfamiliar situations, in wide and multidisciplinary contexts;
- Possess the capacity to integrate knowledge, deal with complex situations, develop solutions and provide adequate analysis in situation in which the information available is either limited or incomplete, including reflections on the implications and ethical and social responsibilities that may result from those solutions;
- Be able to communicate conclusions an the knowledge acquired to specialists in the Medical Informatics area, as well as to non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous fashion;
- Possess competences that allow them to continuously learn throught their lives in a self oriented and autonomous fashion.
Conditions of admission
People who can apply to the Master’s Degree:
- Holders of an undergraduate degree or a legal equivalent in Computer Sciences for Healthcare, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Biomechanics, and Health Equipment Technology;
- Holders of a foreign higher education diploma, granted after a first cycle of studies, under the principles of the Bologna Process, by a State, which has subscribed this Process, in Computer Sciences for Healthcare, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Biomechanics, and Health Equipment Technology;
- Holders of a foreign higher education diploma that is recognized as meeting the objectives of an undergraduate degree by the Technical and Scientific Council of the School of Technology and Management, in Computer Sciences for Healthcare, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Biomechanics, and Health Equipment Technology;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as certifying the skills to attend this cycle of studies by the Technical and Scientific Council of the School of Technology and Management.
All information related to the international student application should be consulted on our International Students webpage.
Regular fees: 1040 EUR
International Fees : 3000 EUR
Additional cost include:
- Application Fee: €60
- Enrolment Fee: €0 regular and €500 international student
Rua General Norton de Matos, Apartado 4133,
Leiria , Portugal