Imbibing the Value of Knowing and Understanding Developing Students Critical Ability and Independence
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineers carry out the task of measuring, doing research, installing, developing, testing, maintaining and designing various instruments used in the industry. With computer aided processes and automation techniques, these engineers formulate ways to control these systems. To put it crisply, they aim to 'measure the world accurately and to control it precisely'. The EIE Department equips students with knowledge of instruments and their management.
The department is committed to enable the students to experience an uncompromised educational journey that facilitates them to build successful careers and excel in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering with social and ethical standards.
- To have a scholarly and professional environment to make long lasting contributions for the advancement of knowledge.
- To have a world class teaching resources and laboratory facilities.
- To have an innovative, dynamic, flexible devising academic program and structure.
- To foster research and development, for the benefit of global community.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO1: Graduates will be able to achieve broad and in depth knowledge of Instrumentation to practice and pursue higher studies PEO2: Graduates will be able to solve technical problems to serve the society in a responsible and ethical manner. PEO3: Graduates will be able to serve the end users with cutting edge technologies to meet industry standards PEO4: Graduates will be able to work as a team on multidisciplinary projects and excel in their career
Programme Learning Outcomes:
- A graduate of this program will be able to use software technologies to design various solutions to the industrial problems in the field of measurements and instrumentation, embedded systems and control systems.
- Graduates of this program will be able to understand, interpret, explain, analyze, and assess control engineering problems and design control algorithms based on the controllers used.
- A graduate of this engineering program will demonstrate competence and the ability to apply engineering principles.
- A graduate of this program will be able to design instrumentation engineering systems and electronics systems.
- A graduate of this program will possess a high sense of professional ethics and strong communication skills in both oral and writing.
This program combines the academic and motor skills necessary to carve out a career in the field of measurement, electronics and understanding of complex processes. The highlight of this program is the dual-purpose approach of learning key concepts and engaging them in practical experience. Students are trained to plan, design, install, operate, service and maintain complex instruments and also to make sure that high quality is maintained.
The Department consists of a good number of faculty members, who have experience in Teaching, Industry and Research. This department has an experienced and energetic team of experts in fields like Embedded Systems, Device Electronics, Signal processing, VLSI Design, Power electronics and Drives, DSP Controllers etc.
A research coordination committee chaired by the Head of the Department, along with two faculty members, coordinates academic research in the department.
Students are encouraged to undergo industrial training during the course of their academic program in order to instill in them, a thirst for the practical implementation of the various concepts learnt in the classroom. The EIE Association arranges industrial visits, technical seminars and workshops. The department also organizes personality development programs to enhance the overall personality of the students, to meet industrial requirements.
Upon completion of the degree, students will be prepared for careers in industry based companies that manufacture and apply instrumentation equipment for power plants, VLSI and embedded systems, robotics, aerospace and various other automation industries.