Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc
This MSc is a general, advanced mechanical engineering course particularly relevant to the energy sector which include mechanical engineering design and assessment. Students will learn project management, design, computer-aided engineering, operation and optimisation of machinery, structural mechanics and integrity making them suited to a future career in industry, government or research.
- Start dateFull-time: October. Part-time: October
- DurationOne year full-time; two-three years part-time
- DeliveryTaught modules 40%; Group Project 20%; Individual Research Project 40%
- QualificationMSc, PgDip, PgCert
- Study typeFull-time / Part-time
- CampusCranfield campus
Who is it for?
Advanced Mechanical Engineering at Cranfield is unique in that it offers you a broad range of mechanical engineering projects with an added management component. This provides the opportunity for you to enhance your mechanical engineering skill, with a view to developing your career managing large engineering projects.
In addition to management, communication, team work and research skills, you will attain at least the following learning outcomes from this degree course:
- Apply knowledge, fundamental understanding and critical awareness of advanced mechanical engineering techniques to provide solutions in the energy sector
- Evaluate appropriate advanced technologies and management issues to provide solutions for international industries and/or research organisations
- Acquire, critically assess the relative merits, and effectively use appropriate information from a variety of sources.
Industry driven research makes our graduates some of the most desirable in the world for recruitment. The MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering takes you onto a challenging career in industry, government or research. The course reflects the strengths and reputation of Cranfield particularly in the energy and management sectors. Graduates of this course have been successful in gaining employment including in the following roles:
- Mechanical Design Engineer at Siemens
- Production Line Supervisor & Lean Implementer at GKN Land Systems
- Staff Engineer at BPP Technical Services Ltd working on offshore oil and gas engineering.
- Engineer at Det Norske Veritas
- Management Associate at BMW Group UK Limited
- Project Engineer at BASF Coatings S.A.
Cranfield Careers Service
Our Careers Service can help you find the job you want after leaving Cranfield. We will work with you to identify suitable opportunities and support you in the job application process for up to three years after graduation. We have been providing Masters level training for over 20 years. Our strong reputation and links with potential employers provide you with outstanding opportunities to secure interesting jobs and develop successful careers. The increasing interest in sustainability and corporate and social responsibility has also enhanced the career prospects of our graduates.
Why this course?
The MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering is differentiated from other courses available primarily by its industrial context delivered through the strong links we have with national and international industry. We build our industrial links through our research and consultancy, which allows us to provide practical and current examples to help illustrate learning throughout the course.
According to QS World University Rankings 2017, Cranfield is fourth for mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering education in the UK.
Informed by Industry
This degree is particularly industrially focused; course staff are heavily involved in industrially funded and oriented research and development.
Course content is reviewed annually by the course team and project/group work is by and large related to the Department's industrially funded research.
Your teaching team
You will be taught by Cranfield’s leading academic experts including, the course also includes visiting lecturers from industry who will relate the theory to current best practise.
This MSc degree is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
Regular fees: 9677 EUR
International Fees : 21631 EUR
College Rd, Wharley End, Bedford MK43 0AL, UK
Cranfield , United Kingdom