Executive / senior industry position
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Working as a Scientist for our End-to-End (E2E) Solutions in Burlington, MA you will work closely with other members of upstream, downstream, and analytical teams to ensure successful delivery of client projects. The successful candidate will support upstream process development, manufacture of toxicology batches, and upstream innovation projects. Specific responsibilities include:
- Execution of mammalian cell culture operations including cryovial recovery, cell expansion of suspension cells, and screening studies in spintube/shake-flask formats
- Execution of bioreactor operations including setup and inoculation through run completion and clarification
- Authorship, adherence and timely completion of site/study documentation
- Leadership & coordination of teamwork for projects of high complexity
- Presentation of data/results to client and stakeholders
Who You Are:
- Master’s Degree in Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- PhD in Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- 3+ years of experience in mammalian cell culture operations
- Excellent and accurate documentation skills
- Strong communication skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience within high functioning teams
- Direct experience with CHO cultures
- Single-use bioreactor operations
- Contract development manufacturing (CDMO) work experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.