What You'll Do
The Enterprise Switching and Wireless team is looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to drive technical strategy and customer adoption of Cisco's intent-based networking technologies. The right candidate will work with product managers and engineering to define product requirements for Assurance across the enterprise wireless and switching portfolio. This role is heavily focused on wireless technologies. You will also engage with customers to determine their needs and ensure our products reflect them.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
Developing technical collateral, including white papers, technical slide decks, and presentations.
- Presenting at trade shows and conferences such as Cisco Live!
- Working with engineering to define product requirements and feature priorities
- Assisting sales and advanced services in designing customer networks
- Educating sales teams at conferences and workshops
- Testing new technologies/releases in the lab
Who You Are
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- In-depth understanding of both wired and wireless technologies including: Cisco Catalyst Switching, IOS, IOS XE, Aironet AP and Wireless LAN controllers.
- Deep knowledge of wireless protocols such as CAPWAP, Mobility Tunneling and Anchoring, 802.11ac is required.
- Strong knowledge of core routing/switching protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, ISIS, STP, 802.1q.
- CCIE/CCNP or equivalent certification is desired.
- Must be able to demonstrate confidence in architecture, engineering, operations, and security discussions
- Proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate strategies for effective solutions.
- Excellent communications skills and comfort/experience presenting
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into understandable language
- Knowledge of network virtualization, multi-tenant infrastructure, VxLAN, LISP, TrustSec technologies, in addition to standard routing/switching/wireless protocols.
- Knowledge of network management, analytics, and machine learning technologies
- Programming and/or scripting experience and familiarity with DevOps tools
- Domestic / International Travel required ~25%
More Information / Apply Now launch