Practitioner / consultant
technical director rolling stock assurance
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum + plus benefits (Permanent)
I have a company looking for a technical Director for rolling stock assurance.
The rail industry has an increasing number of ongoing projects for new-build and modified rolling stock, infrastructure changes and signalling upgrades. Many of these projects implement comprehensive assurance processes to achieve regulatory authorisation, or to gain the approval of asset owners and operators.
They require a flexible and adaptable person who is keen to develop professionally. The successful candidate will be a leader in the delivery of assurance assignments, coordination of technical assessments, formal feedback to clients and have an extensive knowledge of the Rial Industry Technical standards and requirements with regards to Rolling Stock. The successful candidate will also act as Project Manager and support other Project Managers across a variety of projects, ensure projects are delivered in line with the agreed requirements.
To successfully deliver this role you will be expected to:* Understand clients' requirements and how they fit into the wider assurance regime and identifying and developing compelling strategies beyond a given brief (for both current and anticipated future problems) where this will better meet a client's overall business needs.
* Lead the delivery of assignments of large levels of complexity from start to finish and supporting across other projects as required.
* Ensure scope, time, cost, and quality requirements are met and risks and issues are identified and managed accordingly.
* Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with corporate procedures by ensuring compliance of own work and review and approval of other internal work as required.
* Work efficiently and effectively and proactively contribute to helping the team deliver on various projects and other activities.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships both internally and with clients (including networking to create new relationships);
* Manage the expectations of clients and other affected parties and be able to present a compelling case when suggesting ideas both technically and in relation to the management of the project (for example timescales and costs), ultimately helping work towards sensible agreements.
* Identify opportunities and develop compelling business cases that support growth of the business.
Requirements* Experience (approx. 12+ years) in engineering design, production, and/or review of compliance evidence within a regulated industry.
* Experience of working closely with clients including face-to-face meetings and leading and presenting in meetings.
* A methodical and proactive approach to assignment planning and delivery.
* An eye for technical detail, but in the context of much wider project goals.
* A degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
* Ability to lead client meetings including presentation, negotiation, and agreement of key requirements, related both to technical aspects (supported by specialists as required) and project delivery.
* Ability to provide technical and project management leadership and mentoring.
* A desire to take on the responsibilities of being part of a flexible and supportive team.
* Knowledge in one or more railway systems, e.g., rolling stock, infrastructure, signalling.
* Achieved either Incorporated or Charted Engineer status.
* Provision of Notified Body, Designated Body, or other certification services.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity then speak to Andrew Sparks at Conrad Consulting email Or call 02038542961
Employment Type: Permanent. Sector: Civil & Structural. Salary Description: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum.