This position is within HARMAN’s Connected Car Division and is located in Novi, MI. The purpose of this position is to support the development of ADAS products by developing and executing product test/validation plans and analyzing test data collected as compared to design specifications. Due to the fact that the ADAS team is a small, developing team, the person in this position will also be called upon to do hardware development, software integration, etc. as required to support the development of the Harman Front Camera Platform. The ideal candidate will have good analytical skills, knowledge of engineering discipline, and the ability to reduce large amounts of data to a useable form.
- This person will be responsible for the following:
- Executing Test/Validation plans according to Euro NCAP or customer requirements.
- Developing and executing plans to provide competitive and supplier performance assessments on ADAS products such as Front Camera
- Coordinate drive miles for and maintain Harman’s test vehicles and data collection systems
- Propose and implement a data storage system to be compatible with customers and suppliers
- Other Hardware, software development as defined to support the Front Camera Platform requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, electrical Engineering or similar
- Basic knowledge of vehicle systems and ADAS/Active Safety development
- Proficiency with standard engineering tools
- Ability to work effectively within a global matrix environment
- 1-2 years of experience in the testing environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Experience in testing to Euro NCAP requirements
- Experience in design of imaging systems for automotive applications
- Working knowledge of automotive optical sensors, as well as complementary sensing systems such as radar, lidar, etc.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 10 %
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
Junior industry position
Novi , United States