- Works closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop procurement specifications and statements of work for a variety of complex systems.
- Performs and assists in performing stakeholder needs analysis, technical measure definition, and requirements analysis, allocation and definition.
- Uses the structured requirements process to ensure requirements are clear, unambiguous verifiable and affordable.
- Develops and implements systems engineering processes for organizations in Phantom Works and other business units.
- Assists in delivering requirements training workshops for engineers throughout the company.
- Performs cost vs. requirements trade studies, cost driver analysis, and analysis of supplier cost proposals using parametric cost modeling techniques as appropriate.
- Assists P1 systems engineers in transitioning into industry.
Initial assignment will focus on assisting in the development of procurement specifications and statements of work for automated factory equipment, telecommunication systems, learning management systems, and various other systems that provide infrastructure to all Boeing business units.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Education/experience in systems engineering is a plus.
Experience developing supplier requirements is a plus.
Must have an active (or are you able to obtain) a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Must be a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15? “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.