A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Scientist, Drug Delivery to be part of our Life Science Chemistry Drug Delivery formulation team. As an essential member of our innovation group, you will coordinate and lead as needed the collaboration with our partners in Business Development, Marketing, Sales, and Production; ideate the development of new technology platforms and new product concepts in supporting drug delivery program; pioneer in innovation solutions development through chemistry, biology, formulations, and engineering; and deliver quality, reproducible and sustainable production methods and procedures. You are capable in contributing and supporting our innovation strategy, setting up laboratory operations in an effective, safe and quality manner, as well as guide and develop junior members of our innovation team.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Highly knowledgeable about trends and applications in chemistry, materials science, and especially in drug formulations and delivery.
- Able to identify and establish collaborative relationships with academic, industrial thought leaders, and internal partners.
- Lead the engagement with internal innovation team and partners in building consensus to formulate project concepts, especially in enabling platform technologies in drug delivery.
- Lead or actively support the effort of chartering, commissioning and developing well-defined, measurable and accountable innovation programs and projects.
- Be a major contributor to the development activities and serves as leading developer of nano & micro technology-based drug delivery systems for academic, R&D and pre-clinical market.
- Plan, coordinate and perform activities ranging from technology development to pre-formulation, formulation, process characterization, analytical test methods, technology transfer and scale-up.
- Lead the development of technical solutions and troubleshoot technical challenges.
- Proactively support product launch and post-launch follow up.
- Create appropriate validation and qualification documentation for new processes and prototypes, and facilitate development of SOPs within the ISO 9001 framework.
- Lead the creation of workable and sustainable production methods
- Provide technical and scientific leadership to the R&D team, strategically identify technologies and new market opportunities.
- Handle multiple projects, mentor and provides technical direction to junior scientists.
Who You Are:
- Ph. D. in chemistry, biology, materials science, or related field.
- 5+ years of industry/post doc research and technology development experience in the drug deliver and formulation area.
- Understanding of principles and techniques used in drug deliver and nano formulations.
- Superior hands-on ability to prototype & troubleshoot, product, and process problems.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Excellence in problem resolution, able to overcome barriers to success through self-initiated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Effective engagement with internal and external customers.
- Strong networking and intelligence gathering skills.
- Ability to coach and guide junior members of the project team.
- Demonstrated experience with ISO 9001 and Quality Management System.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.