Under the direction of the reporting Manager, manages activities and procedures associated with BD Rowa canisters. This position actively oversees and controls Quality in production for responsible product. This person is involved in the investigation of customer complaints and root cause analysis. This person will handle projects and tasks and play an active role in the processes to ensure products meet quality standards. This job also includes a variety of mechanical and functional product evaluations related to the investigation of customer complaints as well as supporting Market Segment teams and Product Platform Leaders.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis and critically analyze data generated
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintains statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma methodology to be used for root cause analysis.
- Supports PFT, Sustaining and R&D projects
- Support failure investigation process. Provides technical expertise by working closely with other Engineering teams
- Makes recommendations for the improvement of the production processes base on review of data
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to initiate and drive Quality improvements for both internal and external customers
- May lead cross-functional teams for projects geared towards improving the customer experience.
- The candidate must understand quality’s function in a fast passed environment
- Responsible must have excellent communication skills in order to be able to mentor and teach others quality principles
- Candidate must be a team player and be willing to be flexible to support the start of operation
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own job family. Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and non-standard situations.
- Works independently with minimal guidance. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- May perform other duties as required
- BS Degree in Science or Engineering
- Professional experience in the field of Quality for at least 5 years, with experience in manufacturing quality
- Working knowledge of Quality System standards and regulations including ISO 9001/13485
- Ability to identify Quality issues and recommend corrective actions that can lead to resolution of general or routine complexity.
- Accesses policies and procedures for guidance.
- Capable of using Microsoft programs and ability to learn other systems.
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods and quality tools, as well as statistical application software (MINITAB preferred)
- The ability to work in teams, independent of supervision, to obtain planned results.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, detail oriented and have ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Join our Talent Community
Jobs By Category
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive / senior industry position
San Diego , United States