• The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business.
• Support of the bid phase development of innovative and cost-effective design.
• Working within the pursuit team during the bid phase to help identify key design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks.
• Support efforts to capture and spread design lessons learned knowledge to all Districts.
• Support efforts to develop and spread design innovation knowledge to all Districts.
• Work with the interdisciplinary engineering team and design subcontractors to ensure the most cost effective design is developed.
• Train and develop junior engineers.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; Master’s degree or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred.
• 15+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S.
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering.
• Experience with support of excavation, earth retention, slope stability, rock mechanics, soft soils, ground improvement, deep foundations, shallow foundations, dewatering, mining, and/or dam design is an asset.
• Experience working in a team setting and directing the work of others.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
• Ability to travel to project sites and/or relocate based on business needs
Corporate / senior
Denver , United States