Executive / senior industry position
When our founder Bruce McLaren passed away at the age of 32 he left behind a legacy that has shaped who we are today. We have an unrivalled heritage which has its roots in racing; but McLaren Automotive is now creating a story of its own and we want you to be a part of it.
“MSO provides McLaren owners with virtually limitless possibilities to tailor a car exactly to their needs and tastes.” – Jolyon Nash Executive Director Global Sales & Marketing
We are looking for hands on individual from automotive product background ready for the next step in their career, to join our Special Operations division as the department grows delivering bespoke products and limited edition vehicles into the future.
Purpose of the role:
The senior project engineer will be responsible for the evolution of parts and systems for MSO bespoke vehicle programmes. You will work with a cross functional team delivering right first time products. Multi skilled in project engineering principals that are focussed around driving for perfection on time.
The project engineer is outward facing and therefore must be capable of carrying and upholding the MSO brand internally and externally. You’ll provide the technical, planning and cross functional inputs that go towards the successful development, engineering and launch of an MSO product.
- Manage all aspects of your parts for delivery to MSO programs.
- Management of component and system level delivery at each project milestones.
- Project Management in accordance with the MSO Development Process.
- Management of key suppliers and the supplier relationship for accountable components.
- Identification of opportunities to increase the MSO portfolio of products.
- Manage and deliver bill of materials costs, investment and weight for responsible component and system set.
- Manage and deliver, Technical Specifications, DFMEA, Engineering statements of work, engineering release, concerns resolution and DVP.
- Technical product and system ownership from concept to delivery
- Supplier Delivery – Manage each supplier with a cross functional team of Design, SQA, Quality Engineering, Logistics, Purchasing, Dimensional Management, Manufacturing and Service personnel to ensure complete PPAP is delivered for every component to support program timing.
- Lead & Mentor other members of the team, play a key role is growth and up skilling of the department
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Strong technical project management with proven evidence of decision making.
- Previous experience of OEM or tier one component and system management with a demonstrable record of delivery of the accountabilities.
- Proven leadership of design and cross-functional non-reporting teams.
- Excellent commercial awareness to maintain a focus on cost, profit, quality and risk.
- A strong track record of delivering designs to timing, weight and cost targets.
- Supplier management, comfortable with understanding and implementing DFM requirements within the project scope.
- Mechanical or Automotive Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Background in low volume, high performance sports or racing cars preferred.
- Competent in the use of CATIA V5 2D/3D to manipulate and update CAD models
- Delivery focused, with a demonstrable track record of on-time delivery;
- Self motivated to deliver excellence and perform beyond targets.
- Strong communication skills through all mediums, with the ability to organise and chair meetings that will be clear action focussed events.
- Good organisational skills and ability to project manage design tasks both internally and with the supplier(s).
- Strong understanding of engineering principals and proven track record of delivering new concepts to market
- Freely share knowledge and findings with others.
- Drive solutions and encourage development in the team.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
Executive / senior industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom