Executive / senior industry position
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This senior level position is in Surface Preparation and Clean R&D within the Patterning Solution Business Field. The role will focus on wet clean process and tool performance improvement and activities for serving internal and external customers. In addition, the incumbent will lead troubleshooting and provide solutions to address customer issues and technical challenges.
- Most of the time will be hands-on laboratory work
- Develop wet clean process in lab scale and correlate performance in process tool to optimize formulation performance
- Support formulation chemist in transferring formulation to successful new product,
- Lead customer on-site qualification at key IC manufacturers in North America and Europe.
- Respond customer requests and complaints, and resolve issues and problems in timely manner
- Lead collaboration projects with internal customers, and support manufacture plant as need
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Who You are:
- MS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science
- 3+ years of experience in the semiconductor or Wafer Fab industry
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, and Materials Science
- Experience in the semiconductor industry, particularly in the cleaning process area
- Experience in wet cleans and familiar with wet clean equipment and process tools
- Strong fundamentals and practical experience in chemistry, liquid and surface analysis techniques and statistics
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills that support a diverse, cross-functional, multicultural team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrate creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Have an in-depth understanding of fundamental chemistry, wet clean technology, liquid and surface analysis techniques, and ability to correlate chemistry properties to product performance.
- Ability to collaborate with the business and operation teams on ongoing projects and foster strong collaboration across the project teams.
- Demonstrate leadership through strong technical skills, teamwork skills and be self-motivated in supporting business opportunities and ultimately winning business.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.