About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior process engineer to come and join us. The focus for our process engineers is to work on new product introduction projects to our contract manufacturing plant in Cramlington. This involves excellent team work skills working with other departments to ensure we meet our customers’ expectations.
The plant is devoted to the development, scale up and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients(API). Due to this we need candidates that have experience working on either an API plant or fine chemical manufacturing
Reporting to the Engineering Technical Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to take a lead in the following activities on a low tier COMAH site, liaising with both internal and external customers;
• New product introductions and scale ups
• Established product turnarounds.
• Process optimisation.
The role will typically involve project management, process design, commissioning and handover while also fulfilling all required regulatory compliance activities and documentation to satisfy the likes of the HSE, Environment Agency, MHRA and FDA.
You will also be expected to providing technical guidance and support as required to the process engineering team.
For this role we are looking for candidates that have the following;
• Educated to degree level or higher in chemical engineering or a related discipline.
• Sound knowledge of chemical process plant and equipment.
• Experience of process design, commissioning and production support of primary pharmaceutical, batch process manufacture.
• Project management skills and experience used in a technical environment.
• Effective interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
• Technical problem solving skills within a process plant environment.
What we offer
Above all, you can expect a safe, modern, friendly and collaborative working environment. We regularly benchmark ourselves against our industry and we are confident that we offer a competitive salary and benefits packages to all our colleagues.
• Competitive base salary
• Relocation assistance can be offered on a case by case basis
• 27 days plus statutory holidays
• A defined contribution company pension scheme
• Life assurance (equivalent to four times your salary)
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• All-employee share incentive scheme
Mid-level industry position
Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 3JL
Cramlington , United Kingdom