As the Senior Materials Engineer, for the John Deere Materials Engineering Group (Waterloo), you will serve as the Division expert for tractors, operator stations and power systems for plastics materialsengineering issues. In addition, you will:
- Develop, perform, and advise in the performance of complex plastics engineering analysis.
- Provide Product Delivery Process technical support in new plastic applications for design, process, material, prototyping, FEA (structural & mold filling), material & component testing, tooling & supplier selection. This includes cost reduction projects and new product programs.
- Provide Order Fulfillment Process Services, including: Technical Information, Production Quality Problem Solving, Plastics Mfg. Supplier Support, Failure Analysis, and Material Testing
- Develop and manage the performance of tests and/or evaluation procedures pertaining to new materials/process selection, specifications and testing.
- Serve as an advisor to product engineering, manufacturing and supply management on new and emerging materials and processes. Guide and direct supply management in technical issues.
- Evaluate new and advanced materials and processes and set Unit and Division technology strategies for their use.
- Guide and/or lead value improvement, product development and new technology teams on processes which effect tractors, operator stations, engines and powertrains...
What Skills You Need
- 6 or more years of experience in plastics materials and manufacturing process engineering.
- Comprehensive experience in plastics and composite materials, processes, manufacturing, tooling, design, analysis and testing.
- Experience with application and materials engineering of plastics/composites in product design of agricultural, industrial, automotive, truck appliance, electronics or mobile equipment.
- Experience conducting material testing and evaluation of materials for design, testing, simulation and quality failure analysis.
- Experience with product models, drawings, geometric tolerancing and quality systems.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%, both domestically and internationally.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in Product Engineering, Quality Engineering or Supply Management.
- Demonstrated networking skills.
- Ability to influence decision makers.
- Comprehensive skills and demonstrated ability beyond single discipline/function.
- Experience leading strategic enterprise initiatives.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and/or recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in Plastics Manufacturing and Design
Mid-level industry position
3500 E Donald St, Waterloo, IA 50703
Waterloo , United States