Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Demonstrates and conveys valuable knowledge based on previously acquired work experience and training.
Prepares/writes technical reports to document solutions and recommendations.
Advises others in company how to solve materials-related problems.
Demonstrates familiarity with properties for a wide range of materials (metals and non-metals).
Demonstrates an awareness of current developments in areas of expertise.
Uses appropriate tools to establish relationship between microstructure-property-performance for materials and products.
Can lead larger team efforts to solve problems that involve multi-departmental or interdisciplinary effort.
Coordinates the work of technicians, engineers and others who assist on specific assignments.
Exhibits a working knowledge of industry standards and organizations (e.g., ASTM, ASME, ISO/EN) that will be used to create/revise internal material specifications and procedures.
Identifies and recommends new laboratory equipment and software needs; initiates activities leading to purchase (i.e., conducts cost-benefit studies, creates/submits P.O. requests, etc.)
Assures designed products meet project objectives, are safe and maintain engineering and design practices meeting the appropriate internal and industry standards.
Technically develops others including engineers and technicians.
Supports assessment and definition phases of Technology Development projects working with Marketing and end-users.
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Ph.d. with 5 years of relevant industry experience, or MS with 7 years of relevant industry experience. (Academic training in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, or Materials Engineering).
• Some formal exposure to areas outside of own department/areas of expertise.
• Recognized as a resource in areas of expertise.
• Advanced knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, materials science, and other common engineering disciplines.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Ability to effectively work on and complete multiple/simultaneous projects.
• Uses advanced problem solving techniques/methods and proven technology to make decisions, both within groups and independently.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer and office software skills.
• Ability to organize data and files for rapid access.
• Demonstrates broad understanding of a wide variety of material properties, including metals and polymers, and efficiently applies such knowledge to problem solving tasks.
*Suggested knowledge: It is a benefit if the candidate has acquired a good understanding of the functionality and performance of Swagelok products, and has a good grasp of the manufacturing processes that are used to produce and assemble Swagelok products.
Mid-level industry position
Solon, Ohio, US
Solon , United States