Executive / senior industry position
No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company”, we are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join the team. This is a new role and would be a great ooportunity for an experienced Finance Analyst who is ready to progress their career, or an experienced Senior Finance Analyst looking for a new challenge.
- Finance Business Partner to McLaren’s new product programme Bill of Material Management (BoM) team.
- Support implementation of new product development BoM management methodology and mindset across the business, focussed on pre-production launch.
- Support Bill of Material (BoM) reporting by engineering function group and system.
- Support development of programme cost optimisation targets for all new programmes by function group
- In conjunction with the new product development teams and the current vehicle Total Value Management (TVM) team, support development and lead reporting of key TVM KPIs and performance for new products by engineering function
- Support management and reporting of carry-over, modified, cross programme and new part content target and status (% usage and cost) across all new product programmes
- Develop cross programme reporting of BoM cost by system, identifying cost status and targets by system and agreed with programme management and finance
- Working alongside the programme finance team, develop and report cost reduction actions in support of new programme cost targets
- Cost Engineering – optimal cost estimating support and benchmarking
- Purchasing – identifying key suppliers to target for negotiation
- Engineering – design change & Value Analysis & Value Engineering
- Sales and Marketing – options BoM cost uptakes and cost opportunities
- Report period to period cost status variances by causal factor (design, commercial, material economics, supplier capacity)
- Business case preparation – provide support and financial analysis of cost reduction activities including
- Business Case preparation;
- Break even analysis;
- Presentation to engineering and purchasing leadership.Support completion of Make versus Buy studies
- Register & report status of system/technology selection and cost benchmark (zero based costing, local cost estimate) by system
- Reporting of total cost reductions actions on current programme and new programme engineering/sourcing changes as part of total new programme financial reporting
- Monthly Cost Reduction/Optimisation KPI reporting to executive leadership
- Ad Hoc – Value for Money studies, data analysis, reviewing large sets of financial data.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Advance excel skills and ability to deal with large volumes of complex data is essential.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills, along with adherence to deadlines.
- Experience working within low volume automotive / manufacturing companies desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, networking, collaboration, and interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships of trust with a wide range of individuals.
- Proactive approach to working practices.
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and in challenging conditions.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
Executive / senior industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom