Executive / senior industry position
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our dynamic and growing biosafety testing services organization as Senior Facility engineer. In this position you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and equipment of our GMP facility to ensure it is fit for purpose at any given time and looking at its improvement. You will be responsible for assessing the facility's resource requirements, designing and optimizing the facility's layout and critical operational systems, and overseeing the maintenance of infrastructure and equipment. You will develop and implement utility plans, perform system evaluations, and establish operational efficiency.
The post holder will be able to perform the following functions:
Brief role description:
- Management and effective planning of routine preventive maintenance, calibration and/or non-routine repair work on facility mechanical, electrical, general equipment, analytical equipment (eg automated liquid handler), outsourced service providers.
- Coordinate instrument maintenance with vendor and ensure documentation as per GMP/GLP/GDP requirement
- Lead troubleshooting efforts and identify root cause on issues with building utilities and equipment
- Manage, lead and deliver capital projects from engineering design, tendering, construction phases using various project management skills
- Contribute to validation works eg new equipment installation, commissioning, coordinating with vendor
- Support any afterhours building repairs or preventive maintenance and activities as required
- Provide cost savings measures while ensuring equipment are 24/7 online.
- Monitor preventive maintenance and calibration contracts
- Lead as Subject Matter Expert for Facilities in all client and regulatory audits
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Facility management, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation or industrial engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a facility engineer or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of GMP environment is a plus.
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for managing assets.
- Experience using TrackWise / Sparta Systems or equivalent Quality Management Systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently. Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to perform multitasking.
- Life Science, Chemicals or Healthcare industry knowledge preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com